Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year, a New Decade, and New Traditions

This past year I realized that the old traditions just aren't quite what I want my Christmas to be about. I want a more Christ centered Christmas, a less present oriented Christmas, a more family, friends, fellowship, and service oriented Christmas. So over the next 12 months, I am going to make new traditions. To start I am going to organize scarf-making for the local homeless resource center. If everyone in my knit/crochet group makes 1 scarf a month, we should have enough for everyone at the Christmas Party to get a handmade scarf. Then I am going to make an ornament every week for the different family trees (the thread and patterns were gifts this past year from my Mother in law). Also, I will make blocks for afghans, so that next Christmas each family gets a blanket.

I will post my accomplishments about once a week, to try and stay on track, and think about Christmas everyday.

Love,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment